SOLVED

All browsers are crashing frequently on Windows 11

Copper Contributor

All browsers keep crashing on windows 11 , 
Edge

Chrome

Brave 

on a frequent basis like 20-30 times a day. Its very annoying. Need a fix for this. Facing this for the past 1 year. 

8 Replies
Hello,

Suggest you to run System File Checker scan:

1. Search for 'command prompt' using Cortana or Windows Search.

2. From results, right click on Command Prompt and select Run as administrator.

3. Type sfc /scannow command and press Enter key.

4. Let the command complete and then reboot the machine.

If issue still persists, perform clean boot:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-in/help/929135/how-to-perform-a-clean-boot-in-windows

Let us know if this helps!

This suggestion does nothing to alleviate the problem. 
Run. No problems discovered. 
The moment you write in the Google Box the Browsers Crash. Simples. 
Solution please.
Thank you.

@Kapil Arya 

best response confirmed by raju299 (Copper Contributor)
Solution

@LudMug56-Mwbwa65 

Hi, The solutions whichever were mentioned won't work by any chance.  I had taken backup of my files and reset the operating system (Settings --> Reset this PC option). Only then the issue got resolved. Now everything works fine for me. 

Have tried all the other steps from the previous posts/ youtube videos but nothing helped. If you have the feasibility may be you can try this. 

Any support would be appreciated on this issue, its really huge bug, resetting the windows doesn't make sense & its cumbersome~

Does it happen in specific condition like when you watch video or visit specific website?
Do you have any extensions on your browser?

This started happening for me a couple weeks ago. All browsers chromium based as well as firefox after using the browser for about 10-15 mins my pc locks up forcing a hard reset.

I've tried without addons and extensions, fresh copies of browsers, everything. Nothing else does this to my pc, i can game, play movies, anything. but if i open ANY browser it will end up with a hard reset every time.

I bought my computer in November 2023 and it was loaded with Windows 11. Starting in February 2024, webpage in Chrome and Edge, plus many other apps (like Thunderbird, Adobe products) started to crash 20-30 times per day! I can't work like this and it's driving me crazy! I never had a single problem with Windows 10, but 11 is a whole new story! I also get blue screens and have had Dell (since I have a year of premium support) try and troubleshoot the problem. They can't figure it out.

I tried the suggested fixes here and other Microsoft forums...seems like this is a huge problem for many people! Does Microsoft even look at these problems and address them??

Try update to the latest version of Microsoft Edge and see if the problem persists?
If yes, try post your question on:
https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us
1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by raju299 (Copper Contributor)
Solution

@LudMug56-Mwbwa65 

Hi, The solutions whichever were mentioned won't work by any chance.  I had taken backup of my files and reset the operating system (Settings --> Reset this PC option). Only then the issue got resolved. Now everything works fine for me. 

Have tried all the other steps from the previous posts/ youtube videos but nothing helped. If you have the feasibility may be you can try this. 

View solution in original post